Thursday 9 April 2015

The End of the Line


Post from our whirlygig


I was really excited when I found out that John and Ruth were planning a trip to Spain and that I was included on the packing list.  An outing of over three weeks would surely give me chance to be used to capacity, not just for a few undies!

I have been installed on several pitches and do feel a little sad when they drive off and leave me behind, hoping they won't forget to come back to collect me.

A few funny things have happened while we have been away.  First of all, at Camping Les Medes, I think it was, I was standing a little close to the edge of the pitch, when suddenly all went very dark as I was draped in something large.  It was not long before I was rescued as Ruth explained in her best French, that I did not belong to the campsite and please could Monsieur remove his bicycle cover so that she could hang out her washing!

The second experience was when Ruth and John returned from their outing to the Delta de l'Ebre, having left me standing to attention in the corner of the pitch, waving flannels in the wind.  I was supposed to be guarding the space until they got back, but I must have dozed off, as when they returned there was a Danish car and caravan parked in front of me.  Ruth was not well pleased, but fortunately the adjacent pitch was free and I was retrieved from the Danes and stowed away.


Despite this unfortunate event, I was brought out from the locker again at Peniscola, and basked in the glorious sunshine for a few days without further mishap.

No comments:

Post a Comment